Friday, June 1, 2012

May 13th, 2012: Reflecting on Motherhood

Reflecting today on motherhood. It is crazy because I remember like it was yesterday that I was pregnant with Jax (10 plus years ago). I read every pregnancy book I could get my hands on. I followed all the rules with what to eat, I never took any over the counter medication, never drank a sip of alcohol, did yoga, interviewed several pediatricians, washed all his clothes in the special baby detergent, had everything ready on the checklist and listened to classical music on Jaxson's delivery date and yet nothing could prepare me for the journey I have been on. Having my son has been the greatest joy but also the scariest thing I have ever done. He is counting on me to make all the right decisions. I am so proud of him and so blessed as he has taught me so much. I read this quote today and it felt so true and reminded me to sit back and enjoy this ride. I know one day I am going to be 90 years old sitting in a rocking chair reflecting on my life and the one thing I want to be able to say is I lived life to the fullest, I didn't always play it safe and I jumped off the waterfall! Quote I liked today: "Life may be a roller coaster but remember even roller coaster's reach their destinations as long as they stay on track!"


No comments:

Post a Comment